1.Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will use fair and proper means to acquire personal information, clearly specifying the purpose of use of such information in advance.
2.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information only within the scope of the purpose of its use. Further, when we outsource the handling of personal information to a third party contractor, we will do so only after conducting a prior investigation of such contractor and executing an agreement that is necessary for proper management and supervision of such contractor, and will take the measures necessary for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
3.Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will never provide a third party with any of your personal information unless we obtain your prior consent or unless such provision is permitted under applicable laws or governmental regulations.
4.Security Management of Personal Information
We take the necessary security measures to prevent loss, destruction, modification, and leakage of personal information. We appoint a personal information protection manager and implement appropriate management of personal information, providing all our employees with training in the protection and appropriate management methods of personal information. We thereby realize thorough implementation of appropriate treatment of personal information in our businesses.
Enacted: April 1, 2018
President and CEO
Nippon Helium Inc.
Handling of Personal Information
1.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information which we have acquired in operating the business activities specified in item (1) below, for the purposes specified in item (2) below.
（1）Business Activities of the Company
- Procedures concerning businesses related to industrial gas
- Procedures concerning businesses related to medical products and services
- Management procedures associated with or related to the business activities specified in items to above.
（2）Purposes of Use
[of personal information of customers of the Company]
- To exercise rights or perform obligations of the Company under any agreement related to the Company’s services or under applicable laws and regulations;
- To perform the procedures of the Company properly and smoothly;
- To provide goods and services which are sold and provided by the Company;
- To carry out proper and smooth transactions with the customers, such as by giving notices and sending greeting letters included in the procedures for transactions;
- To give notifications, make surveys, collect and analyze data, and conduct research and services, and so forth in relation to various businesses of the Company;
- To properly and smoothly perform all or a part of the processing of personal information, that is entrusted to the Company by any other business operator;
- To reply to inquiries, requests and complaints; and
[of personal information of shareholders of the Company]
- To exercise rights or perform obligations of the Company under the Companies Act of Japan;
- To provide the shareholders of the Company with special treatment of various kinds in respect of their status as shareholders of the Company;
- To take various measures to smoothen the Company’s relationship with the shareholders; and
- To conduct management of shareholders of the Company, such as preparing data on shareholders in accordance with specific standards based on the applicable laws and regulations.
[of personal information of the employees, prospective employees and former employees of the Company]
- To conduct selection of new employees;
- To conduct management of employees; and
- To provide information and give notices to former employees.
2.Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
The Company will never provide the acquired personal information to a third party except under the following situations:
- When the Company obtains prior consent of the individual concerned;
- When such provision is required by law or governmental regulation.
- When such provision is necessary for protection of life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain prior consent of the individual concerned;
- When such provision is necessary specifically for promoting enhancement of public health and sanitation or sound upbringing of children and it is difficult to obtain prior consent of the individual concerned;
- When the Company is required to cooperate with any national government institution or local public institution, or any person entrusted by said institution, in performing an operation prescribed by laws and regulations, and such performance of affairs may be hindered if prior consent of the individual concerned is obtained;
- When the Company has entrusted a party with performance of services, and provides the party with personal information only to the extent necessary; and
- When the Company provides personal information as a result of the transfer of businesses to another firm due to merger, consolidation and so forth.
3.Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company and its Group Companies (meaning, as a rule, the Company’s which are listed on the website of the Company; hereinafter the same) may use the acquired personal information jointly in the manner specified as follows for the purpose of providing general and comprehensive services:
- Scope of parties jointly using the information:
- The Company and its Group Companies
- Items of personal data to be used jointly:
- Name, address, telephone number, FAX number, e-mail address, birth date, age, gender, transaction history, content of inquiries and requests, and other information provided by the individual concerned
- Purpose of use by the joint users:
- Limited to the scope of the purpose of use of the information at the time of acquisition
- Party responsible for the management of personal information to be used jointly:
- Nippon Helium Inc.
4.Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Personal Information
Whenever the Company receives a request for disclosure, notification of purpose of use, correction, supplementation, deletion, cessation of use, elimination, or cessation of provision to a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as “disclosure, etc.”) from the individual concerned or his/her representative with regard to his/her personal information, the Company will respond in the following manner:
（1）Where to contact for inquiries concerning disclosure, etc.
For more information about the procedures for requests for disclosure, etc., please contact our contact person for inquiries specified in “5. Contact Person for Inquiries concerning Personal Information” below.
（2）Documents you are required to submit for a request for disclosure, etc.:
Request for Disclosure of Personal Information or Notification of Purpose of Use of Personal Information
* In the case where you request disclosure of the Company-retained personal data or notification of the purpose of use thereof
Request for Correction, etc. of Personal Information
* In the case where you request correction, supplementation, or deletion of the Company-retained personal data
Request for Cessation of Use, etc. of Personal Information
* In the case where you request cessation of use, elimination, or provision to a third party of Company-retained personal data
Documents verifying that you are the person in question (such as a copy of driver’s license or passport)
In the case where a representative is acting on behalf of the individual concerned, a document to prove his/her right of representation, in addition to above.
- *“Company-retained personal data” means personal data which is retained by the Company for a period longer than six months and which the Company is authorized to disclose, correct, supplement, delete, cease using, eliminate, or cease providing to a third party.
- *When you take a procedure for one of the above requests, you are required to submit the above documents to the Company. Please blot out sensitive information such as the locality of your registered domicile which is described in the documents before you send the documents to the Company.
Among the requests listed in (2) above, please be informed that for requests for disclosure and for notification of the purpose of use, you are requested to pay the fee of 1,000 yen (consumption tax included) per request.
5.Where to Contact for Inquiries concerning Personal Information
For inquiries concerning the Company’s treatment of personal information, including consultations and complaints, or concerning a request for disclosure, etc., please contact the following office:
General Affairs Department, Nippon Helium Inc.
* Reception hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (except on Saturdays and Sundays, national holidays and the Company’s summer holidays and year-end and new-year holidays)
Address: 3-10-1 Shiohama, Kawasaki-Ku, Kawasaki City Zip 210-0826 Japan